Monday, October 17, 2011

The Matzav disrespects its readers (and our intelligence)

The Matzav scored two for the price of one today, when it published a complaint from a reader who objected to seeing a photo of Rebbetzin Batsheva Kanievsky, obm. The complaint is pure drivel, and though I think the Matzav insults us all by publishing such things I must give them credit for this: The letter of complaint was accompanied by --yup!!-- a picture of the rebbetzin!


I have no desire to mock a silly 21-year old, but really: who fills their minds with such nonsense? A picture of a woman's face is immodest?

(I also have no desire at all to disrespect a rebbetzin, especially one who has recently died, but I do have some questions about some of her famous practices. For instance, I'm told she made a point of giving girls to drink from her husbands cup (why?) and encouraged them to sit in the Steipler's Chair (why?))



Search for more information about burkas at 4torah.com

No comments: