Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How can a Republican survive on just $400,000 per year?

Let's pass the hat for John Fleming (R-LA). He's really suffering because after he pays all of his business and household expense his 6.5 million income has evaporated to a mere $400,000.

I know this because the Congressman made a clueless appearance on the T.V in which he appealed for sympathy on the grounds that “by the time I feed my family, I have maybe $400,000 left over to invest....”



The poor fellow! Only $400,000! Perhaps he should use it to purchase for himself the worlds tiniest violin.

PS: This sad sack claims he has 500 employees. I went outside and found a third grader who was able to confirm that 6 million / 500 = 12,000.  So the Congressperson from LA is either lying about having 500 employees or paying them well under the minimum wage. As a Republican, I suppose either is possible.

PPS: Why does this guy take credit for being a job creator? Demand for goods and services is what creates jobs, not an overstuffed bank account.

No comments: