Thursday, December 24, 2009

Another Halacha Question

A guest post by blogging legend MoChassid

This morning, I was a few minutes early for my train. It was bitter cold outside so I ducked into the Dunkin’ Donuts which is across the street from the train station. (The geniuses who designed the Hewlett Station put the indoor waiting room on the wrong side of the tracks (inbound rather than outbound) so waiting there was not an option).

But, rather than purchase coffee there, I drank from the coffee I had purchased earlier that morning (together with a muffin) at one of the kosher establishments in town. As it turned out, my train was cancelled and I ended up staying at the Dunkin’ Donuts for 40 minutes.

(Had I not already purchased a coffee, I would have bought one from Dunkin’ Donuts, but because I had one already, all I did was enjoy their tables and heat without paying.)

Was this g’neivas ha’da’as?

Search for more information about anything at 4torah.com.

No comments: