Thursday, August 11, 2005

Do you have page 10?

I voted for Rick Lazzio in 2000, and I was chairman of the local "Hillary for Mayor (of Chicago)" campaign, and I won't vote for her if she runs for president. So please don't misunderstand me when I say I fell out of my chair laughing when I saw this on the TV news last night.

For those of you without QuickTime, here's what it shows:

Jeanine Pirro enters
Jeanine Pirro insults Hillary Clinton
Jeanine Pirro insults Hillary Clinton some more
Jeanine Pirro loses her place
Jeanine Pirro stands there like a dope for like 30 seconds
Jeanine Pirro asks an aid to hand her the missing page 10 of her speech.
Jeanine Pirro goes back to insulting Hillary

Because I believe Jeanine Pirro is running for the Senate only to dirty-up Hillary before 2008, I was a little suprised to see how poorly prepared she was. Karl usually does a better job of drilling his puppets. And any true-blue GOPer should be able to go on for pages about how much s/he hates Hillary w/o the benefit of a speech.

So what gives? Was she sucking up to the Commander in Chief by doing a wicked impersonation of him in deep thought? Or is there some method to the apparent madness?