Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Crossing CrossCurrents

Should it bother me that the group-thinkers at the symbol of Jesus I mean, Cross Currents haven't asked me to produce an article? I mean, as my beloved detractors tell me via email, I can obfuscate, ignore evidence, and deliver illogical arguments as well as anyone.

Judging from the typical Cross Current's post, these seem to be the only required skills.

A beautiful, almost poetic example of this ability was evident yesterday, when Yitzchak "Eyezick" Alderston wrote:
"My earlier posting regarding the Terri Schiavo case produced some blogging at its best: much intelligent back-and-forth between readers, several of whom clearly knew much more about the case than I did. My thanks in particular to Sholom Simon, who took me to task for faulting the judges rather than the legislators. He also led me to a wonderful source of primary source material regarding the case. Here I was able to read many of the court decisions in the original. Having now waded through both the law and how it was handled by the judges (Judge Greer in particular) I am even more convinced that there are both theoretical and practical areas in which Torah Jews should take umbrage with the approach of the judges – not just the legislators.
Translation: Gee, I didn't know what I was talking about, back when I wrote that first post, ha, ha, ha. But did that stop me? No way! And you know what? Lots of the readers know a hell of a lot more about this than I do, including Shalom Simon, who went to the trouble of proving it to me via source material that maybe I should have read the first time around. Anyway who cares: I was right and they were wrong.

You can almost slice the smugness with a knife.

No comments: